06 May 2015

6. The Derelict Room

One of the rooms in my house is completely derelict, abandoned, and haunted.
It's been a truly dreamy room to create and photograph....


(click "read more" for the rest of this blog entry)
The other day I went to the cockney knees-up singalong at the beautiful old Wiltons music hall. What a stunning theatre to draw inspiration from for a derelict room I knew I had to have in my dolls house!



I had a perfectly sensible room, and I had to wreck it. Destroy it by pouring coffee down the walls, scraping back the wall paper, smashing mirrors, "exposing" lathe under the plaster, varnishing furniture with crackle nail polish, painting the damp damage, and spinning the cobwebs!









This was the first time I posted any of my dollshouse photos on one of the FB groups, the response was excellent and so encouraging - 192 likes, and comments such as:


hi there and welcome to the group... fantastic room! I love that worn look, from just plain lived in to really battered and this is awesome!! 

Absolutely fabulous...Looks haunted too

That is a brilliant idea, and I bet it was harder to achieve than doing a room up, well done x

 I love it. The worn/rundown look is my favorite. It does take a lot of work to put in all the details though and I think you did an amazing job with it.

I adore this!! It's amazing and gives a feeling of wonder looking at it like...who used to live here? What happened? Are they coming back? That just ran through my mind

First time??!! Amazing for a first time!!

 Looks like a house we once viewed  :/

Just wonderful I love the look, my kind of style, sometimes it's harder to do than neat and tidy but a lot more fun

cant believe you a newbie

ewwwww makes me want to go wash my hands...lol Brilliantly real


Haha, lovely! I was also suggested the work by an amazing miniaturist Sylvia de Groot, whose work I spent hours delighting in, and saving in my "Inspirations" folder. Next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment